Not able to run app

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Hi

I have downloaded source code and tried to open it in VS2010 Express for Win Phone 7 CTP, but some the project could not be loaded, secondly i getting reference error to System.Windows.Interactivity.  I get msg taht sln under _lib could not be loaded.

Please help to make this app up and runninng on MY PC.

Regards

-Vivek w

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hello, Pillbox requires System.Windows.Interactivity because it uses Blend Behaviors.  We weren't sure if we could bundle it with the code when we published it, particularly considering Pillbox is under an open-source license--we may be able to.  We'll look into it.

To get the Interactivity DLL, you'll need to install the Blend SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86370108-4c14-42ee-8855-226e5dd9b85b&displaylang=en

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Will be fixing and posting later today.

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Should be fixed with latest commit.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:45 AM

downloaded latest version,  and tried to open with VS2010  Express for WP7 could not manage to load _lib project, getting error for Fileimport.dll not found while bulding all.

Also Blend SDK and Blend 4 beta is installed.

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM

There is no Fileimport.dll in this project, nor should there be a reference to it (not that I can find).

And while VS2010 Express for WP7 does not support solution folders, and gives you the error dialog:

"Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application. 
Solution folder '_Lib' will be displayed as unavailable."

...the solution should still build properly (even thought it tells you that "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly.").

I just tried building the latest code in VS2010 Express for WP7, and had no problems... not sure what further to suggest, Vivek.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM
Hi

Im Sorry its FileTracker.dll not FileImport.dll

To be precise, im getting below error when i build the solution

Error 16 The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'FileTracker.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Microsoft.Build.Shared.NativeMethodsShared.InprocTracking.StartTrackingContextWithRoot(String intermediateDirectory, String taskName, String rootMarker)
at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.FileTracker.StartTrackingContextWithRoot(String intermediateDirectory, String taskName, String rootMarkerResponseFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult) ComponentModel

Regards

-Vivek w

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:54:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Not able to run app [pillbox:210269]

There is no Fileimport.dll in this project, nor should there be a reference to it (not that I can find).

And while VS2010 Express for WP7 does not support solution folders, and gives you the error dialog:
"Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application.
Solution folder '_Lib' will be displayed as unavailable."
...the solution *should still build properly* (even thought it tells you that "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly.").
I just tried building the latest code in VS2010 Express for WP7, and had no problems... not sure what further to suggest, Vivek.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pillbox@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email pillbox@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

All the post budget analysis and implications Sign up now.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hey Vivek,

It appears this is a known problem that some people have encountered with VS2010 (not related to the Pillbox project at all).  It appears to have something to do with your Visual Studio installation creating a .NET Framework folder with a higher version than the current release.  Here are a couple links that have possible solutions:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/csharpide/thread/88db71cf-a501-428d-91fa-1535d82d8014
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=501894&wa=wsignin1.0

And a snippet of one of the answers:

Hi,
I spent the entire night to download and install VS2010. And this bug started hitting me at my first project early morning. After reading this posts i found that FileTracker.dll is there where it supposed to be. 
I tried deleting "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.21006\Temporary ASP.NET Files" but it didnot work. Then i found that there is another folder "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30128" which i dont know why VS2010 created. 
My Guess was as "v4.0.30128" suppossed to be a higher version VS2010 is looking for FileTracker.dll in this folder. I deleted the folder "v4.0.30128" and VS2010 is happy now. It doesnot complain while building my projects and solutions.

Rohim Uddin

Hope this helps,

Joe